Monday, August 29, 2011

Sweater Redoux

No, I am not out of my mind... Well, maybe just a bit. Considering the hundred plus temperature reading. Alas, a girl can dream of cooler weather. Which is why I decided to alter a favorite sweater that I have never worn because it was a tad frumpy. Now, it's perfect and I thought I would share so you too can have a fitted sweater in about 20 minutes. Faster even, if you have a mannequin.

Let's begin!





Step One (photo right)
Lay your most true to form tank top or shirt over your sweater (inside out)


Step Two
Pin your shape around the shirt allowing a half inch of extra space along both sides.


Step Three
Try the sweater on, leaving it inside out. Adjust the pins as needed.







Step Four
Use a straight stitch to sew along the line of you pins.





Step Five
Remove pins and cut along the side of your straight stitch leaving a 1/4" of fabric.


Step Six
Zig zag or serge edge to prevent fraying.
TAaaaDAaaaa!!! Flattering sweater... to rival the Sweater Girls. Just stay away from the "Bullet Bra"... ;)



1 comment:

  1. I have a sweater that I've avoided wearing because it's just to frumpy. I never thought about trying to alter it. Thanks for the how to, your instructions are great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I love feedback and will respond to all comments via email. Please leave your contact info, if you'd like, so I know where to reach you. I promise not to spam.